Garlic-roasted broccoli and cauliflower
Another challenge I’m going to have is finding carbs to replace grains in my diet. In the Whole30 blogs I’ve seen, people tend to use sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and squash to replace their carbs. Here I used cauliflower, and I added broccoli for color. 🙂 You can also use different veggies instead of broccoli and cauliflower for the recipe, like zucchini.
- One head (?) of broccoli
- One head (?) of cauliflower
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- garlic salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler (or oven at 425 degrees F).
- Wash broccoli and cauliflower prior to chopping.
- Cut off stems of the broccoli and cauliflower. Chop the veggies into florets. Place chopped veggies in a large bowl.
- Peel garlic cloves. Chop/mince garlic. Sprinkle garlic on top of the veggies in the bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the veggies to coat lightly.
- Season the veggies to your liking.
- Toss all ingredients in the bowl until veggies are coated evenly with olive oil, spices, and garlic.
- Empty the coated veggies into a round pie dish. You could also use a foil-lined cookie sheet or a cake dish.
- Roast veggies for 8-12 minutes.