I’ve seen this on Pinterest. You can also use bacon instead of prosciutto. In order to be Whole30-friendly, the meat cannot have sugar or additives. Another challenge I’ve had during grocery shopping is finding Whole30-friendly deli meat. Luckily I was able to find some at Trader Joe’s.
- 1 package of prosciutto (or bacon). I believe this pack had 8 strips
- 1 lb of asparagus
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Lay a sheet of non-stick aluminum foil onto a cookie sheet.
- Wash asparagus. I also chopped off about half an inch of the bottom of the stalk.
- Arrange asparagus on top of the foiled cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the asparagus. Season asparagus with salt and pepper. To coat the asparagus evenly, you can roll the stalks back and forth.
- Lay one strip of prosciutto on a cutting board, length-wise and slightly diagonal. Place 4 asparagus stalks on top of the bottom corner of the prosciutto. Roll the asparagus into the prosciutto tightly. (This is where a picture would have been helpful. Sorry!) Return wrapped asparagus to the cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all of the prosciutto and asparagus are used.
- Place cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the broiler. Cook for 8-10 minutes.