Breakfast: egg breakfast bake and black coffee
Morning Snack: red and green grapes, mixed raw nuts (wow, that sounds awkward lol)
Lunch: Chipotle! 🙂 I’ve been reading paleo forums, and a lot have mentioned that you can eat paleo at Chipotle. I went with their suggestions and ordered a salad with meat (mmm barbacoa), 2 salsas, guac, and extra lettuce on top. Normally douse it with the green or chipotle Tabasco, but unfortunately, those 2 have sugar. It was delicious without my other usual “toppings” – beans, brown rice, and corn. I think the meat was cooked in non-Paleo oil though because I was feeling a little sluggish in the afternoon.
Afternoon snack: more grapes and raw nuts
Dinner: I threw this salad together with leftover pork, spinach, arugula, tomatoes, and avocadoes. No dressing needed; I just used some of the gravy/glaze from my pork. Soooo gooood.
- Anytime I tell someone that I’m eating paleo and explain the diet, I always get the responses: “What CAN you eat?” or “What’s left?”
- I still think about carbs and sweets. This is exactly what happened to me when I was a vegetarian last month: I actively think about the foods I can’t have on my diet.
- I slept like a baby last night. This is good. However, I overslept by an hour. That’s not so good.
- Coworkers from a different department at work insist that I join them for their potluck tomorrow. Ahhh. Wish me luck in staying paleo when I eat with them!
- I feel like I’ve hit a plateau with running. Or maybe it’s just on off week.